In Loving Memory
Sr. Therese Rioux, CSC (Sister Mary Clement)
April 29, 1927 – August 25, 2022
Sister Therese Rioux was born in Nashua on April 29, 1927. She entered the congregation of the Sisters of Holy Cross in 1943. She made her final profession in 1950. Sr. Therese earned a BA from Notre Dame College and an MA from Providence College.
Sister Therese taught in elementary parochial schools and high schools under the direction of the Sisters of Holy Cross in North Grosvendale, CT, New Bedford, MA, Manchester and Nashua, NH. She was involved in Religious Education in St. Albans, VT and Norwich, CT. In her later years, Sister Therese served her community as a CNA at Holy Cross Health Center.
Sister Therese retired to St. George Manor in 2004 and then due to declining health to Holy Cross Health Center in 2008. She served the Congregation for 76 years. She passed away at her residence on August 25, 2022 at the age of 95.
Sister Therese will be remembered for her great love of God and her faithfulness to her Holy Cross Community and to her family.
Sr. Jacqueline Kirouac
March 14, 1939 – June 8, 2022
Sister Jacqueline Kirouac was born in Manchester NH on March 14, 1939. She was the only daughter of her parents six children. She entered the Sisters of Holy Cross in 1957 at the age of 18. She pronounced her final vows in 1964.
Sr. Jackie earned a BA degree at Notre Dame College in Manchester, NH. She taught at parochial elementary schools for many years in Massachusetts in New Bedford and Westport. She taught in New Hampshire schools in Manchester and Derry as well. She was also a coach and an administrative assistant at Trinity High School in Manchester for 14 years.
Sr. Jackie later worked in the Catholic School Department for the Diocese of Manchester for 10 years. In her later years she served the community in Manchester at St. George Manor and the Holy Cross Health Center for six years.
On Wednesday, June 8th 2022, Sr. Jackie K. as she was known to all took the hand of the angel that called her name. May she Rest in Peace.
Sr. Georgette R. Caron, CSC (Sr. Georgette of Auvergne)
April 12, 1925 – November 21, 2021
Sr. Georgette R. Caron was born in Nashua, NH on April 12, 1925. She entered the Sisters of Holy Cross in 1942 and made her final profession in 1949. She served the Congregation for 79 years.
Sister Georgette obtained a BA degree from Notre Dame College in Manchester, NH and an MS degree in Biology from Notre Dame University in Indiana. After teaching in Montreal, Vermont, New York and New Hampshire both in elementary and high school she came to Notre Dame College in Manchester, NH. At Notre Dame College she taught Biology and served as a Resident Director. She was also Chairperson of the Biology Department, of the Cooperative Academic Policy Committee of the Consortium, of the Curriculum Committee and Lab Coordinator.
Sister Georgette was the recipient of the Professor Emeritus Award and the Alumna of the Year from Notre Dame College. After leaving the College she was Director of Transportation at St. George Manor and retired to the Manor in 2008 and moved to Holy Cross Health Center in 2016.
One of her many great accomplishments was establishing a Holy Cross Scholarship Fund.
Sisters Called Home in 2021
- Sr. Louise Tarpey, CSC (Sr. Louise-de-Marillac) - April 2, 1928 – September 6, 2021
- Sr. Lucille Y. Blais, CSC (Sr. Mary Gerard, Martyr) - March 15, 1928 – October 9, 2021
- Sr. Cecile Lebeau, CSC (Sr. Marie de Ste. Cecile, martyre) - September 19, 1920 – March 24, 2021
Sisters Called Home in 2020
- Sr. Denise Turcotte, CSC (Sr. Jerome of the Cross) - February 25, 1946 – December 12, 2020
- Sr. Ruth George, CSC - March 8, 1926 – November 11, 2020
- Sr. Pauline Lavigne, CSC (Sr. Mary Pauline Therese) - January 7, 1926 – November 2, 2020
- Sister Lucille Dutilly, CSC (Soeur Marie de St. Jean-de-Jesus) - March 25, 1923 – August 8, 2020
- Sister Doris Guerette, CSC - August 14, 1927 – July 17, 2020
- Sister Pauline L. Lebel - November 18, 1932 – June 11, 2020
- Sister Pauline C. Plant (Sr. Mary Antonine) - March 5, 1936 – March 9, 2020
- Sister Lorraine D. Doucet (Sr. Mary Lucien of the Cross) - May 15, 1938 – February 4, 2020